Skip to main content

The Metal Divas: Female Metal Voices Around The World VI


Our series is still in progress! We are so close to reach 100 interviews! Part Six carries many surprises and many influential Female Metal Voices!

Ebru (Turkey 🇹🇷)



Ebru is a beautiful voice from a land appreciates the beauty of music well, Turkey. Ebru is fronting one of the finest Turkish Metal bands, Orpharion. Also, she has a Solo Power Metal called Imtholiel. Her songs themes are taken from her favorite books!

First off, Ebru talked to us about she started her career.
Well, I’ve been into music since childhood, but I’m not a trained singer. I have a bachelor’s degree in American Literature. 

I improved my vocals by myself in years, it was a real challenge for me, and still, I’m working to be better. I’m revealing my feelings with music and stories since I don’t like talking much, so singing and writing are mandatory in my life. 

Like 13 years ago I saw a cover band looking for a vocalist on the internet. They were playing the songs of the bands I love like Stratovarius and Blind Guardian. 

I’ve started to sing in that band, I was a real amateur, but it was the first step of developing my voice as a pro singer. Afterward, I’ve joined a choir singing mainly Broadway songs, it also helped me improve my voice in a musical theater style,” Ebru expressed.



Then, we asked her about how she met her band mates.

I met Kubilay when he joined my first band as a guitarist, then we started to write our original songs together. 

We were not lucky finding other musicians who were passionate about this genre like us and for a long time we continued developing our music. 

A few years ago we decided to start a new band and met our current drummer Görkem and keyboardist Gençay.

 Sadly, our bassist had to move to another country, and we are still in need of a bass player for our future concerts,” she answered.

Concerning her biggest challanges, Ebru described,

My greatest challenge in my career is myself. I am a timid person, and I had a social phobia when I was a child. 

For the love of music, I tried to overcome these feelings. I had to face my fears over the years. I couldn’t completely get over my anxiety, but I have a better control system now. 

Another challenge is that our music is not a favorite genre in our country, we are struggling to find opportunities. We are trying to make ourselves heard in other countries, and it’s a difficult task.



Next, Ebru told us how her family’s reaction towards her Metal career was.

Ah, I have a heartbreak about this. My family didn’t want it at first. They thought it was just a hobby for me, but actually, it wasn’t. 

Now, they accepted me as I am because they saw I wasn’t giving up easily. On the other hand, my friends always wanted me to become a rock singer and writer. 

My high school yearbook is full of these kind of wishes, and I have many notes from my friends written even before I joined a band,” Ebru mentioned.

After that, Ebru told us about how she manages her time.

I have so much time for music, but the obstacles don’t also let me do what I want. As I said we are struggling, and we need to release our first album soon. 

After that we can start touring I hope. We already played most of our songs at the concerts, but we couldn’t release the album because of financial issues.”

Talking about her biggest step that made her proud of herself, Ebru explained “I am very proud of my stubbornness and tenacity, with them I was able to improve my vocals by my own effort, and I have never stopped even if I feel the whole world is against me.

She added, “I have come a long way, and there is a feeling that I need to show this somehow. And we enhanced our music in a way that once seemed impossible to us. 

These are maybe not visible steps to the world but, they mean a lot to us.


Then, she mentioned her role models, “Timo Kotipelto, Hansi Kürsch, Tarja Turunen, Floor Jansen, and Jorn Lande are my lifelong role models. I’ve learned how to sing in style from them. They are my secret teachers.”

Next, Ebru revealed her future plans. 

I have many plans for my future. In a few months, I will be releasing new songs for my projects, and hopefully, we will release a new single for Orpharion before the album. 

I am also practicing voice acting and open for suggestions:) Moreover, I am writing short stories for Orpharion world,” She said.

Finally, Ebru sent a supportive message to whole females,

I’m thankful for the metal ladies showing our power to the world and inspire others. If you are living in the impossibilities like me, please don’t give up and rise. There is nothing better than the music healing our souls.

Eleonora (Italy 🇮🇹)



A beautiful Mediterranean voice raised in the lands of mountains, green and blue sea. Eleonora is fronting one of the impressive Metal bands in Italy, Misthaven.

How she started her career was our first question to Eleonora. 

Well, I've been playing the piano since I was 10 and writing songs since 12, so I can't even imagine my life without music.

Then, I met our singer Francesca when we we're really young, and we had same taste in music. 

We started covering Evanescence song, but her voice was too powerful and awesome to let her sing just someone else's song. So, Misthaven era has begun,” she answered.




Next, we asked her how she met her band members. 

They were a long time friends, except our guitarist Stefano, whom I met when I started teaching Piano in a music school,” she said.

Then, Eleonora told us about the challanges she faces.

Coming from a small town has always been our first challenge. Everything is harder when you have to spread the word from a place your country barely knows that it exists. And you know, we don't even have clubs!

How she manages her time between her work, tour, music was our next topic to discuss with Eleonora.

We're still planning our first tour, as I said it's pretty difficult when you come from a small town. But I work as a musician, so I don't have to find time for the band, I always have it,” she expressed.





After that, she told us about the steps that made her proud of herself.

We recently released our debut album, which is self produced, We're really proud we got so far, even though it was really hard getting here,” Eleonora described.

Regarding her role models list, Eleonora mentioned, Amy Lee of Evanescence, Lzzy Hale of Halestorm, Ariel Bloomer of Icon For Hire.
Then, she added that they will work on Some tour stuff in the near future.




Finally, she sent a supportive message to every rocking female voice.

Even, when it is hard, keep playing! The world is Female!

Hajer (Morocco 🇲🇦)



A rising Oriental Death Metal voice, she is coming from the lands that knows the meaning of the sun, the water, the heritage and the sea, Morocco. Despite her young age, Hajer is fronting a powerful Death Metal band, Quasarum.

How she started her career was our first topic to discuss with Hajer.

I ve started singing since 2007,I was really young singing with clean vocals only. 

Then, in 2015, I started adding some distortion on them to sound more raspy. After 2 years, I started practicing the guttural chant that I use a lot right now,” she said.

Next, she told us about how she joined the band.

I’ve started my career with QUASARUM. A friend of mine introduced me to the rest of the members. I am with them for 3 years now,” she said.

Then, she described to us the challanges she faces.

As a female, I undergo some challenges and struggles, some people just underestimate the idea of "a female in the metal scene", 

Especially a female who performs guttural chants or Death Metal vocals in general. Some of the people I know always ask me to stop growling or screaming because it simply does not fit a woman, it really enrages me. 

Nevertheless, they  are just a few compared to the people who support females voclist/ band members in general and who fight to keep metal accessible regardless of gender,” Hajer explained.




Regarding her family and friends reaction towards her Metal activity, Hajer expressed,

I was raised in a family where all of the members support art. They have always supported me even after knowing I am a member of a metal band. 

My friends do also encourage me and don't find it weird or again religion that I like and practice this type of music.”

Next, she told us about her time management strategy.

Actually I am focusing on my studies more than QUASARUM. But I devote one day per week to rehearse, We all do, actually,” She answered.

Then, we asked her about the steps that made her proud of her work.

Well, I am proud of the fact that I am a member of this band. It is one of the most important paths in my life right now.

Also ,I am proud of the development of all the members during these past three years,” Hajer said.

After that, she mentioned her role models:Mainly: Fernanda Lira (Nervosa), Onielar (Darkened Nocturn slaughtercult), Jon Nödtveidt (Dissection) and Muhammed Suiçmez (Necrophagist).

Next, she told us her near future steps.

As a person, I am willing to continue my studies and song writing. I am now writing the third song for the band. 

In the near future we will be recording the three first songs of our first album, that's it for now,” Hajer revealed.

Finally, Hajer sent supportive message to all girls.

 Girls, let's unite our efforts and show the strong and beautiful feminine side of Metal.

Iliana (Greece 🇬🇷)



A real Greek Metal Goddess, Iliana! She is not only fronting one of the greatest Greek Femalefronted Metal bands, Enemy of Reality, but also she has a prestigious position in the Greek Metal Scene. Her fame flame started when she participated in Septicflesh iconic release “The Great Mass.”

We started with her by asking her about how she started her career.

I started learning the piano at the age of 5 and singing at the age of 11. 

Now I have a diploma in classical and modern singing and I’m also a vocal coach. Since a young age I wanted to be involved in music and because I started early 

it wasn’t difficult for me to form my first band with friends and fellow musicians from the music school. 

My teachers always said that I should pursue a career in music, because I had talent,” Iliana answered. 



Next, we asked her about how she met her band mates.
She expressed, “I knew Stelios and Philip’s work beforehand and I admired them as musicians. 

Some mutual friends of ours confirmed that they are also notable people, so it wasn’t long before I contacted Stelios, as I had already began a partnership with Philip years ago. 

Thanos joined the band from an advert and we are really happy for that, because you rarely find upright people online.

Regarding how she deals with the hardships she faces, Iliana commented, 

To keep smiling however difficult it gets! The journey is hard, but my love for it is bigger.


Next, she told us about her family and friends reaction regarding her Metal career. 

My family and my friends have always supported me and still do in whatever I do.

 They believe in me and rejoice with my every success,” Iliana expressed.

Then, she revealed to us how she organize her time.

It's hard, but there is always a way. I organize double vocal sessions with my students before or after a tour,” Iliana explained.



Also, she listed to us her role models: Well its hard to name few but i will definitely say  Lisa Gerrard,Diamanda Galas,Diana Damrau 

And, regarding her future steps, Iliana mentioned,

To publish the next album of Enemy of Reality of course! I also wish that you will like it and receive it with joy.

Jackie Bloodberry (Argentina 🇦🇷)




Jackie is a beautiful Metal voice raised in the lands of the south, Argentina. Her band, Destinesia plays Alternative Rock and Alternative Metal.

How she started her career was our first question with Jackie. 

I've always loved singing, since I was a little girl. In 2012, I could finally got singing classes, and that's because I was unemployed until that moment, I couldn't afford them before.

Actually, nowadays I can't pay private classes anymore, and that's why I joined a choir in 2015 to keep some of my vocal training, and I'm still singing with them,” Jackie answered.

Next, we moved to how she met her band mates.

I met my buddies at different moments of my life, the drummer and I used to go out (he used to have a band that I really admired in that time), then his band got separated. 

Then, I suggested him to start together a new project, that's the very beginning of Destinesia, then we met the third member, the Bassist at a party.

We joined forces and started looking for a Guitarist. Through Facebook, we got in touch with the first guitarist of the project. But after 2 shows and the offer of a little gig in Chaco y Corrientes ( North Argentina), he left,” She expressed.



Also, we had had started the recording of our first EP, those were hard times.

Fortunately our other guitarist that we met acting in a play, came and offered a friend who could play the second guitar for us.

We had a change with the bassist too. We met our new Bassist because of my former band drummer, and that's it,” she added. 

After that, Jackie told us about her challanges.

Drama, The challenge I believe! Every band must go through is Drama! Hahaha.

I mean, it's hard to put all of us together, anyone, we are different people, we had different ways of thinking, and different ways of living, every one studies a different career. 

We don't live close from each other, and all that stuff you have to arrange before starting rehearsals, it's not easy,” she said.

Regarding her family and friends feedback towards her Metal activity, Jackie described, 

At the beginning my family turn to be quite skeptical, but it was until they saw us up stage that started to understand what we were doing. 

On the other hand, my friends were always supportive, many of them became the best fans we could have ever asked, and that's priceless.

Then, she told us how she manages her time.

To be honest, I don't know! Hahaha, I end up completely stressed.

Anyone who do all that (work, study, tour, music, cook, family, boyfriend, etc) can relate. I think in my case, I became a good friend of  the schedule,” Jackie mentioned. 


Next, we asked her about her biggest steps.

If we talk about the goals I've achieved I have to say playing at "bienal de arte joven" that is a big festival here in Santa Fe.

 Also, playing in Chaco was amazing, but most of all the love from every person who has come back to talk with me after a show.

Every friend that make a constructive critic, every time someone plays our songs at the digital platforms, all that means a lot, those are the steps I've made that make me feel very proud,” Jackie expressed. 



Then, Jackie listed her role models.

My role models, I have to mention Tarja Turunen (she is the reason I started operatic singing training), Lzzy Hale from Halestorm, Chester Bennington, Sharon Den Adel of course, and recently I must add Tatiana Shmaylyuk,” she said. 

Regarding her future steps, Jackie revealed,

For the future, I'm going to resume singing training, as soon as I can, with Destinesia we're about recording our first LP.

We’re planning our next gigs very carefully, and do our best to reach more and more people all over the world.

Finally, Jackie sent a message to every fighting woman.

To all the women out there trying to make their dreams come true: Never give up! 

You can never know who's going to be there to help you, pay attention to the little details, and whenever you're up on stage make it yours by complete.

if not totally for you, at least for those who really can't, those who never had the chance to get on stage, make it count!

Laure Ali-Khodja (France 🇫🇷 /Belgium 🇧🇪)



Laure, a beautiful Metal voice carries the beauty of France and Belgium. She is fronting a uniqu Symphonic Metal Band, Elfika.
 
We started with Laura by asking her about how she started her career.

Well, it is a Difficult question ! I always sang with my mother when I was young, so my mother register me for music theory and harp classes. 

But, after 2 years I stopped the classes to focus on my first passion, Dancing. I studied contemporary dancing in Brussels, and after this I moved to Paris at the age of 18 to continue my studies in musical theater, at this moment I began the singing lessons.

I wished to develop artistic skills by a multidisciplinary training. It gave me a lot of technics that were very helpful when I integrated Elfika and even now,
” Laure answered. 

Next, she told us about how she met her band mates.

When I moved to Paris I was trying to create a band, after several attempts it didn’t work, most people weren’t serious and it was more like a hobby. We did only covers.

But it isn’t what I expected, so I posted an announcement on internet and Manu (the composer, bass player and founder of Elfika) took contact with me up. I had to audition to join officially the band.

The band had a lot of difficulties to find their singer, it was difficult to find someone who can sing and interpret the songs they already wrote,
” she said.

After that, we talked with her about the challenges she always faces.

I don’t think it’s a challenge but I always try to improve myself, trying to learn every day. I continue to take singing lessons because I want to feel very comfortable during the performances.

 Also, learn new ways of singing and vocal technics. An artiste always try to evolve, it’s a regular and intensive work before performing or expressing his art. 

It’s not really a challenge but more steps that we need to take to get the best of ourselves. There’s always a bigger dream that we need to realize,” she expressed. 




Regarding her family and friends towards her Metal activity, Laurecommented,

They were very happy for me, they know what metal music means for me and they’re supporting me from the first day.

It wasn’t always simple with my mother because she’s a lyrical singer and for her Symphonic Metal was only with lyrical voices like the first Nightwish with Tarja, Epica, Xandria.

But when she discovered our songs she has another vision about the Symphonic Metal music. Despite the disagreements she understands me and supporting me as well.

After that, we asked her about how she manages her time.

This is not a problem because I’m working as a professional dancer, so I’m often on tour (especially the weekends) and during the week I got rehearsals. 

All my activities are based on Arts so I can easily manage my time between Elfika and my work. And with Manu, we plan our working sessions, composing sessions, rehearsals, recordings sessions or simply go for a drink. 

I have the chance to practice my passion every day and I’m very happy,” she expressed.



Next, Laure highlighted her biggest steps that made her proud of herself.
 
I think it would be the recording of our first album. Since I was a teenager I always dreamed of being a singer of a symphonic metal band. 

To meet Manu, it gives me a real opportunity to realize my dreams. I still don’t realize that we give us the chance to record our first album and that we made one step closer to the professional world,” Laura expressed.

We worked almost 2 years for this album, it was long and intensive but very exciting. It forced me to go further in my vocal techniques, exploring other facets of my voice. 

Of course every album is unique and special but especially the first is the most intensive and important, it’s the album that will create our style, our universe, the way how the people will see us,” Laure added.

Listing her role models, Laure mentioned,

My models are Floor Jansen and Elize Ryd for their vocal abilities and Maria Brink for her stage presence. Of course I can’t compare myself to these women but there’s a lot to learn from them. They inspire us and they show us also the way to follow.

Then, we asked her about her future plans.

With Manu, we’ll return to compose soon. There’re a lot of vocal ideas that I want to try and I got also some texts that I already wrote. 

But for now we concentrate ourself for the promoting of our upcoming album and the performances. We want to meet our public and our fans, that’s why we hope to organize a tour as big as possible.

 Our music exists and lives through those who listen to it. As Manu always says : “Alone we’re inaudible, with you we’re everything.”,” she revealed.

Finally, she sent a supportive message to all her Metal colleagues.
I hope to meet a lot of them during our upcoming tour. It would be very exciting to perform with other female fronted metal bands!

Mara Bach (Germany 🇩🇪)  



A strong, active voice came from one of the strongest Metal scenes in the world, Germany. Mara Bach, a strong lady rocks Germany with her Death Metal music! Mara is fronting the active Mir Zur Feier.


We started with Mara about her earliest career.

The first time, I visited music school I was three years oldI´v learned several instruments throughout my childhood and have always sung in choirs

When I was 10 years old, I started playing drums and my drum teacher was a huge heavy metal fan. Because of him, I got in touch with this kind of music

He was very serious about my “Metal education“, showed me different genres and what metal is aboutWhen I was 15, I founded my first band with me at the drums.



 It was a really cool Experience but I always wanted to sing rather to play drums. I spent lot of time in the rehearsal room besides the band rehearsals to sing and explore how to scream,” Mara said.

I was totally Fascinated by this raw sound of shouting since I had my first contact with this style of singing when I was 11 or 12. When my first band broke up, I was asked if I would like to start a new one

It was absolutely clear to me that I want to be the singer of the new band („Mir zur Feier“) and, that I want to shout

don‘think that I was extraordinary talented or something like that. It was a long hard road of work to get my vocals sound like they sound nowThe work never stopsActually, I spent a lot ofmoney for singing lessons in the past year to improve my clean singing as well,” she added.




Next, we asked her about how she met her band mates.

One day Leo, our bass player and Alex, a former guitaristknocked at my door after my old band had broken up and, they asked me if I would like to found a new band with them

After several lineup changes, my best friend Felix introduced us to two of his friends: René and DanielIt was love at the first sightThus, René became our drummer and Daniel our second guitar player. I didn't know one of them before we became the band,” she answered.

Next, Mara told us about the challenges she faces.

Especially in the first years, I was very insecure about my role as a band singer and my voice in general. You can‘t become Better in what you do without making mistakes:you can‘t write a melody without hitting wrong notesyou can‘t train your voice without sounding flat sometimes

These were hard lessons for me because I always wanted to be perfect right from the startSince my confidence as a singer grew a lot over the past years,I‘m more comfortable with making mistakes now,” she described. 

After that, we asked her about her family and friends reaction towards her Metal career.

think most of them were not that much surprised because I have been listened to metal since I was quite young. 

No one in my family likes this kind of music but, they are supportive AnywayWhen I get to know new people and tell them that I am the front woman of a metal band, they are pretty surprised

Most of them are literally shocked when they watch a video or listen to a song of „Mir zur Feier“ for the first time. The sentence that usually hear is: I can‘t believe that this is your voice!” Mara expressed. 



Regarding how she manages her time, she highlighted,

Good questionSince I live in a different city than my band mates, I am not at home almost every weekend because ofrehearsals

As a student, I was the one who went to sleep Friday night at 10 PM because I had to catch the train at 7 AM because It was the cheapest one

Before I bought my car last December, I had to sit in the train for approximately eight hours every Weekend for band rehearsals. I think it‘s much about how youset your priorities.

After that, she told us about the steps that made her proud. 

think participating at the battles for the female metal event last year and winning them was a big step which we are really proud of.

Another big step is our first album which we recorded last December and that we will releasing this coming fall,” Mara expressed. 


Listing her role models, Mara mentioned,

don‘t have a specific role model but the singer of the German band Guano apes was a huge inspiration for me when I was 12. 

It was the first time that I heard a woman doing those shoutsounds and I remember that I was absolutely fascinated and desperate to learn how to do that

Besides that, I admired her forher coolness and her confidence on stageUnfortunately, she‘snot that cool anymore

Now, I‘m inspired and amazed by many Singersartists and often by ordinary people,too but, nobody specific.




Regarding her future plans, Mara revealed, 

At first, I really hope we gonna play as many shows as possiblein different countries after the release of our album this fall

Secondly, I set my goal to continuously working on my vocalskills and at last, it would be grat to be able to share our musicwith as many people all around the world as possible.

Finally, Mara sent a supportive message to all rocking ladies.

Let‘s work together that it is not longer just about how hot orsexy we are as women in metal but ratherhow well we can sing or play our instruments or that we are doing a great show.

Milady Franklin (Brazil)


Milady, another great voice rised from the glorious Brazil. She is one of the strongest voices in her country. Milady is fronting a strong Brazilian Metal Band, Rizzi.

How she started her career was our first question to Milady. 

I always liked music. At the age of 4, I started singing and loving musical instruments. My father is a musician, and I have had contact with instruments since I was a child,” she answered. 

Then, she told us that she met her band mates through social medias as some of them live in other cities. 

Next, she told us about the challanges she faces. 

There is still a bit of prejudice for having a woman in front of a Metal band, and also in Brazil. 

The metal is not the popular style. It becomes a struggle every day, because the difficulties are even greater,” Milady expressed. 




 Regarding her family feedback for her Metal activity, Milady said, 

My family always liked it, I was lucky because my mom loves Rock n Roll, so she always supports us.” 

Then, she told us about how she manages her time.

My job is just music, I do not study at the moment, I just work with my songs and my shows,” she expressed. 

After that, Milady mentioned her biggest steps and achievements. 

We got support outside Brazil, it's the biggest achievement we've had so far. We're still in the process of recording the first cd, and we've got two videos released, and we've won a lot of fans with just that. so I'm very happy for this.


Next, she listed to us her role models.

I love sharon Den Adel from Within Temptation, because she transmits a very good energy in her songs,” Milady said.

After that, she told us her future plans. 

Our plans are to release the cd soon and another video, and next year to go on tour,” Milady revealed. 

Finally, Milady sent an important message to her Metal friends.

Friends, Metal partners, I wish you the best good things, and that we can fight every day to bring good music to the whole world. 

Sarie (Italy 🇮🇹 / USA 🇺🇸/ Egypt 🇪🇬)


A unique charming Italian voice gathered the American identity with the Italian beauty, Sarie is one of the foreign voices that has position in the Egyptian Metal Scene. She is taking the responsibilities of Clean vocals for Egyptian Symphonic Black Metal Band Oreb Mavet.

We asked her about how she started her career. 

I started my career at the age of 16 years old , I took part of some local rock bands (here where I live Metal isn't that popular).

Then, I won many local singing contests, singing Gothic Metal genre. The event that really changed my life was performing some German lieder of Schumann in Vienna. Thanks to my first singing teacher. 

I'm still discovering my vocal talents by studying everyday. Before entering the conservatory, I studied 2 years as a self-taught, focusing on my sensations and getting aware about how all of my muscles were working while making a sound. 

Then, at the age of 19, I became a student in the Fausto Torrefranca conservatory and kept studying but this time professionally,” Sarie answered. 




After that, she told us how she joined the Egyptian Oreb Mavet. 

I met Void online. I was a fan of his band Hecate. Then, I sent him a cover I sang of Nightwish Passion and the Opera, and he liked it and asked me to collaborate with him to a musical project. I was so happy!” Sarie expressed. 

Regarding the challanges she faces, Sarie highlighted, 

The challenges I always face are many. The singer career is very difficult because you have to control parts of your body that you don't see and sometimes it's frustrating.

For example, when you can't sing a note, you start thinking "Maybe I'm not enough good to become a singer, I suck!". The minute after you make a wonderful sound and there you go with "Oh! I'm not that bad afterall, I am good".

And so on every minute, every hour, every single day.. on and on like this.

Next, we asked her about her family and friends feedback towards her Metal activity.

I consider my boyfriend as my family and he supports me and it's thanks to him that I got to study in conservatory. 

As soon as he heard me for the first time he thought I was special and started to help me to study music theory to attend the entrance exam of the conservatory. I owe him everything. 

My friends like our Music and even if some of them don't really like Metal music, they do the best they can to support me,” she expressed.



Then, she told us how she manages her time.

Our band is a virtual one so it's not that hard to manage. I study and go to the lessons every day until Saturday. I record in the weekends, depends on when we decide to make a new song,” Sarie mentioned.




Talking about steps made her feel proud of her talents and strength, Sarie expressed,

I came out from depression and anxiety thanks to Music, my boyfriend, my family and my friends. I had a really bad time for 2 years but I'm okay now.

Next, Sarie listed her role models.

My role model is Tarja Turunen, the first singer of Nightwish band. I know their whole discography and used to sing it every day for like 5-6 hours in my room. I was obsessed! 

Studying in conservatory instead for my opera voice my role model is Lucia Popp that is very similar to my type of voice,” she mentioned. 

After that, we asked her about her future plans. 

I learned from some experiences that you can't plan your future steps. You can only think about the moment you are living and go with the flow. Whatever will be, will be,” Sarie commented.

Finally, Sarie sent a supportive message to all girls.

Hi girls, never stop studying and being humble. You are where you are thanks to the people that believe in you. You owe them everything.

Valerie (Ukraine 🇺🇦)



One of the greatest Metal voices in the North, Ukraine. Valerie is so active voice. She is fronting one of the finest Ukrainian Metal bands, Edenian, and she is posting covers regularly.

We started with Valerie by asking her about her early career. 

I`ve been singing from my very childhood. At the age of 15 I`ve started taking classical vocal lessons and I`ve also joined my first metal band.

At the age of 17, I started operatic vocal studying at the Kharkiv National University of Arts.

I joined Edenian when I was 19 years old.  And I can`t imagine my life without singing and music ever since,” Valeri answered. 

Next, she told us how she met Edenian band members.

I met Max Molodtsov (leader and main composer of Edenian) via internet when he wrote me and offered me a chance to see myself as Edenian vocalist,” she said.




Regarding the challanges she faces, Valerie commented, 

My everyday challenge is constantly working on making myself better. 

As for external impact, unfortunately, I quite often face people who think that there is no place for women in Metal and those who are trying to make me believe I should change myself to fit their standards. 

But each of us should stay true to themselves and so do I.

Regarding her family’s feedback towards her Metal activity, Valerie revealed,

I am a very lucky girl as my parents are Metalheads and my family is my greatest support in everything I do.




After that, we asked her to tell us how she manages her time in general.

Unfortunately for now we aren`t touring due to the line-up problems. But it`s still not very easy to make everything in time but I`m trying to do my best by making and following daily schedules,” she expressed. 

Then, she told us what are the steps that made her proud of herself. 

I am very proud of all our albums and the fact that I`ve finally got my Master`s degree in operatic singing (it was almost one year ago but I still can`t believe my happiness),” She said.

Mentioning her role models, Valerie listed, 

My main vocal influences are Roy Khan, Amanda Somerville and Floor Jansen.




After that, she added her future plans. 

Now my main goals are to finish recordings of Edenian`s new album and to upload many cool videos on my channel,” Valerie revealed. 

Finally, Valerie sent a supportive message to every rocking girl.

Always believe in yourself and keep moving forward!

That was our sixth part of our The Metal Divas: Female Metal Voices Around The World. 

Stay tuned for part VII 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Metal Divas: Female Metal Voices Around The World V

Here we go guys, we are back again with a new strong part from our The Metal Divas: Female Metal Voices Around The World Series. Through this part, you will come across strong influential ladies from the South to the North! Let’s go! Anna KiaRa (Russia 🇸🇰) Fronted one of the most influential Symphonic Metal bands in Russia, Imperial Age, Anna is widely known with her expressive voice and rocking performance. We started with Anna with how she discovered her singing passion. “ I found that I like to sing when I was 6 years old, Still have somewhere this video where I was 6 years old singing some pop songs. And then, when I was 8, I went to musical school and piano classes, ” Anna described. Next, we moved to her story with Imperial Age. Anna expressed,  “ The founder and the leader of Imperial Age, Alexander, was searching for a new lead singer. He found my video singing “The Show Must Go On” which I was singing for one vocal competition.  He liked it

Before 2023 Edition, Get to Know Wacken Metal Battle Egypt History

On March 3, Cairo will see a new edition of Wacken Metal Battle Egypt. The upcoming edition is the fourth in the history of the Egyptian Metal scene. Although the local scene witnessed three editions, only two Egyptian Metal bands stepped into the global stage of the most prestigious Metal battles. They were Crescent in 2015, and Veritatem Solam in 2019.  If you want to know the history of the Wacken Metal Battles in Egypt, read this article! On June 8, 2013, a post went viral between Metalheads in Egypt on Facebook and it was about the enlisting of Egypt among the batteling acts for a spot at the global Wacken Metal Battle in Germany.  On November 10, 2013, the period of band registrations for the competition ended and the whole Egyptian Metal scene was deeply motivated.  We need to mention that 2014 was a highly active Metal year in the metal scene. A number of festivals used to take place including Metal Blast, Metal Grinders, and Groovy Aid, alongside a number of group Metal and

The Metal Divas: Female Metal Voices Around the World VII

As we are celebrating our comeback I think that it will be great to check a new part from our The Metal Divas series. This part is full of power with slight changes in our format to be easier to follow!     Adrastea (Greece ) A great voice shining from the lands of Hera and Zeus, Adrastea is rocking the Greek Metal Scene with her band Entropy Devine.  We  started with Adrastea by asking her about how she started her career.  "   I have been singing since I can remember myself. I was always a rocker so I remember I would always find a way to secretly sneak into music related activities.  I was not allowed to learn music, cause, you know  I am a woman and I should do all that society expects from a woman and nothing more.)  So I figured creative ways of doing so as a part of my Rock 'N Roll rebellion while  growing up,"  she answered. Next, we asked her about how she met her band mates.   " From an ad in search